- Bulgarian National Science Fund, project „Bioactivity improvement of biomimetic materials by texturing with ultra-short laser pulses’’- DN08/5 (2016-2018)
- Bulgarian National Science Fund, project „3D femtosecond laser microstructuring of biomaterials for application in medicine’’-DMU0315-(2011-2015)
- Bulgarian National Science Fund, project ’’DNTS/Austria/01/1 Ultra-short microprocessing of collagen thin films for tissue engineering applications’’ - (2013-2018).
- FWO/BAS project № Р-38/18.11.15 "Functionalization of biomaterials, modified via femtosecond laser irradiation of improving cellular proliferation’’ (2016 - 2018).
- Project # KP - 06-RILA / 8 under Bilateral Cooperation Programs 2018 - Bulgaria - France under the Rila Program on "Functionalization of Bioceramic Matrices and Composites by Ultra-short Laser Impulse Processing", team leader Dr. Albena Daskalova
- EBR project ( joint project under an agreement between the BAS and the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine - NANU ), 2019 - 2021 with titled: "Synthesis of composite matrices of calcium phosphate and chitosan, laser treated by femtosecond pulses to improve the bioactivity of bone implants", team leader Dr. Albena Daskalova
- COST CA16122 BIONECA- Biomaterials and advanced physical techniques for regenerative cardiology and neurology, 2017-2021
- COST MP1301 NEWGEN- New Generation Biomimetic and Customized Implants for Bone Engineering, 2013-2017
- COST MP1005 NAMABIO - From nano to macro biomaterials (design, processing, characterization, modelling) and applications to stem cells regenerative orthopaedic and dental medicine, 2011-2015
- FP7 Laserlab Europe, project number: ulf-forth 002013 "Tailored topography control of biomaterial surfaces by ultrafast lasers for cell-substrate studies"- 2014г.
- FP7 Laserlab Europe, project ’’Studies of ultra-short laser ablation mechanisms of biological tissue by examination of the ablation products with TOF and Plasma-Shadow-Graphy’’, project number: ulf-forth 001495 – 2009
- FP6 ITSLEIF, Transnational access programme ’’HCI-induced ToF-SIMS studies of hard dental tissues’’, Project number: P09073A – 2009-2011