Dr. techn Albena Daskalova
Dr. techn. Albena Daskalova – Team leader
phone: +359 886316420
Research and professional experience:
2009- Postdoc FP7 Marie-Curie Fellowship, IESL-FORTH, Heraklion-Greece.
2004- Head Assistant at the Institute of Electronics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
2000-2003 Research associate, PhD degree at Institute of Applied Physics, Vienna University of Technology.
1999- Mag. Sofia University ’’St. Kliment Ohridski’’, Physics Department
- Project coordinator of the Bulgarian national project „Bioactivity improvement of biomimetic materials by texturing with ultra-short laser pulses"- DN08/5 (2016-2018г.)
- Project coordinator of the Bulgarian national project „ 3D femtosecond laser microstructuring of biomaterials for application in medicine’-DMU0315-(2011-2015)
- Project coordinator of the bilateral Bulgaria/Austria project ‘’DNTS/Austria/01/1 Ultra-short microprocessing of collagen thin films for tissue engineering applications -(2013-2018)
- Project coordinator of FWO/BAS project № Р-38/18.11.15: "Functionalization of biomaterials, modified via femtosecond laser irradiation of improving cellular proliferation’’2016 - 2018
- MC member of COST CA16122 BIONECA- Biomaterials and advanced physical techniques for regenerative cardiology and neurology, 2017-2021
- MC member of COST MP1301 NEWGEN- New Generation Biomimetic and Customized Implants for Bone Engineering, 2013-2017.
- MC member of COST MP1005 NAMABIO - From nano to macro biomaterials (design, processing, characterization, modeling) and applications to stem cells regenerative orthopedic and dental medicine, 2011-2015
- FP7 Laserlab Europe, project number: ulf-forth 002013 "Tailored topography control of biomaterial surfaces by ultrafast lasers for cell-substrate studies"- 2014
- Leader of the Bulgarian Research Team of the FP7 Laserlab Europe, Project ‘Studies of ultra-short laser ablation mechanisms of biological tissue by examination of the ablation products with TOF and Plasma-Shadow-Graphy’, project number: ulf-forth 001495 - 2009г.
- Leader of the Bulgarian Research Team of the of the FP76 ITSLEIF, Transnational access programme ‘HCI-induced ToF-SIMS studies of hard dental tissues’, Project number: P09073A – 2009-2011г.
Interests: Femtosecond laser ablation,laser-matter interaction, biomaterials, tissue engineering