1. Albena Daskalova, Irina Bliznakova, Liliya Angelova, Anton Trifonov, Heidi Declercq, Ivan Buchvarov, " Femtosecond Laser Fabrication of Engineered Functional Surfaces Based on Biodegradable Polymer and Biopolymer/Ceramic Composite Thin Films", Polymers, Vol. 11(2), pages 378, 2019, IF = 2.935
2. I Bliznakova, A Daskalova, A Zhelyazkova, A Trifonov, L Angelova, I Buchvarov, L Avramov, " LIPSS formation of chitosan/hydroxyapatite composites via femtosecond laser processing for bone tissue engineering applications", AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2075(1), pages 030009, 2019;
3. I Bliznakova, A Daskalova, A Zhelyazkova, L Angelova, A Trifonov and I Buchvarov, "Femtosecond-laser-assisted LIPSS generation on chitosan/hydroxyapatite thin layers for biomedical applications", Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 1186, Number 1, 2019;
4. A. Daskalova,A. Trifonov, I. Bliznakova, C. Nathala, A. Ajami, W. Husinsky, H. Declercq, I. Buchvarov, ’’ Selective cell response on natural polymer bio-interfaces textured by femtosecond laser’’, Applied Physics A 124, 2-18, 2018, IF-1.455
5. A. Daskalova , I. Bliznakova, A. Zhelyazkova, B. Ostrowska, A. Trifonov, I. Buchvarov, L. Avramov and W. Husinsky, “Femtosecond laser surface texturing of 3D poly-ε-caprolactone matrices for bones tissue engineering applications”, Journal of Physics conference series 2018
6. A. Daskalova, C. S.R. Nathala, P. Kavatzikidou, A. Ranella, R. Szoszkiewicz, W. Husinsky, C. Fotakis, ’’FS laser processing of bio-polymer thin films for studying cell-to-substrate specific response’’, Applied Surface Science, 382, 178–191, 2016, IF- 3.150
7. A. Daskalova, I. Bliznakova, A. Trifonov, I. Buchvarov, C. R. Nathalac, W. Husinsky, ’’Morphological characterization of chitosan biopolymer thin films modified via fs irradiation and its potential application as functional surfaces in regenerative medicine’’, Proc. of SPIE Vol.1022607, (2017), doi: 10.1117/12.2262679
8. A. Daskalova,’’Fs laser texturing of bio-based polymer films for surface functionalization’’, Advanced Surface Engineering Materials, Ed.Ashutosh Tiwari, Rui Wang, and Bingqing Wei, WILEY-Scrivener Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-119-31415-8, October 2016.
9. Chandra S.R. Nathala, Ali Ajami, Bilal Farooq, Wolfgang Husinsky, Albena Daskalova, Irina Bliznakova, Andreas Assion’’Ultra-short pulse laser ablation of Copper, Silicon and Gelatin: Effect of the pulse duration on the ablation thresholds and the incubation coefficients’’, Applied Physics A, Volume 122, pp. 1-8, February2016, IF-1.704.
10. A Daskalova, I Bliznakova, E Iordanova, G Yankov, M Grozeva and B Ostrowska, "Preliminary study of surface modification of 3D Poly (ε - caprolactone) scaffolds by ultrashort laser irradiation", Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS), Volume 682, February 2016
11. A. Daskalova, A. Dikovska, R. Toshkova,’’ Laser methods for preparation of nano-structured surfaces for application in biomedicine and tissue engineering’’, Journal of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, ISSN 0007 – 3989, 2015.
12. A Daskalova, G Kasperski, P Rousseau, A Domaracka and A Lawicki, “Interaction of slow highly charged ions with hard dental tissue: studies of fluoride uptake and remineralization efficacy”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 514, (2014) 012034.
13. A. Daskalova, C. Nathala, I. Bliznakova, D. Slavov, W. Husinsky, “Estimation of ultrashort laser irradiation effect over thin transparent biopolymer films morphology”, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 9447, 2015, 94470I-1.
14. Daskalova A., Nathala C., Bliznakova I., Stoyanova E., Zhelyazkova A., Ganz T., Lueftenegger S., Husinsky W.,’’Controlling the porosity of collagen, gelatin and elastin biomaterials by ultrashort laser pulses’’, Applied Surface Science, vol.292, 2014, Pages 367-377, IF-2.711.
15. Chandra S.R. Nathala, A. Daskalova, I. Bliznakova, S. Luftenegger, A. Zhelyazkova, S. Enikoe, T. Ganz, W. Husinsky, “Defined nanostructuring with ultra-short pulses in gelatine biopolymer films for tissue-engineering”, published in Proceedings of the IESC 2013.
16. A. Daskalova, A. Selimis, A. Manousaki, D. Gray, A. Ranella, C. Fotakis, “Surface modification of collagen-based biomaterial induced by pulse width variable femtosecond laser pulses”, Proceeding of SPIE, Volume 8770, 2013, Pages 8770-21.
17. А. Daskalova, S. Bashir, and W. Husinsky, “Morphology of ablation craters generated by ultra-short laser pulses in dentin surfaces: AFM and ESEM evaluation”, Applied Surface Science, Volume 257, Issue 3, 15 November 2010, Pages 1119-1124, IF-2.711